Monday, November 8, 2010

Art Box Portlaoise

Artbox Portlaoise.
Photograph courtesy of Dunmaise Art Centre


I currently have a video installation running at Artbox in Portlaoise. Artbox is a retail space that had been lying empty but has been temporarily transformed into an art space by Dunmaise Art Centre. My video piece Untitled [ccae3] is running in the space until 12th November.

'Untitled [ccae3]' by Roseanne Lynch
Photograph courtesy of Dunmaise Art Centre


Uncertainty interests me. I like not knowing and the understanding held within that unknowing. Untitled [ccae3] is ambiguous yet it encourages the viewer to question the way in which they look at the world and at art. At first the viewer is uncertain what they are looking at. They are seduced by the light defining planes and the subtle meditative movement. I am interested in the possibility of silence and the internal conversation when you encounter the piece.

'Untitled [ccae3]' by Roseanne Lynch
Photograph courtesy of Dunmaise Art Centre


I'm not going to tell you exactly what you see in Untitled [ccae3] so you'll just have to make your way to Portlaoise before November 12th and find out for yourself!

Thank you to Niamh White at Dunmaise Art Centre for all her help & for sending me on these photographs.






No comments:

Post a Comment