Thursday, April 21, 2011

Current & Upcoming Projects

With all the excitement of winning the Alliance Francaise Award still whirling around me, I continue to be busy. I am currently working on a public art piece for Fort Camden in Crosshaven. I am looking at time passing, stillness and light within the fort, and the large scale abstract images will be shown on the outside of the building reflecting light back into Cork harbour. The piece will be shown from July when the fort will reopen to the public.


Work in progress at Camden Fort (Roseanne Lynch)


I am also preparing for a solo exhibition in Queen Street Studios in Belfast during Belfast Photo Festival, which is the 4th - 14th of August. I am really looking forward to this opportunity as it will be my first exhibition in the city. Its great to see all the new photo festivals, exhibitions and events that have begun to happen in Ireland over the last couple of years.

It will be a busy summer as I'm doing a 5x4 workshop in Paris in June, with Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee. I'm also going to New York for a few weeks in June & July both to soak up the culture and to make contacts with galleries and curators over there. If you have any recommendations for me either in terms of galleries/curators or things to see and do while I'm there, I'd love to hear them.

My 2 week residency in the Centre Culturel Irlandais in Paris has been booked for November to coincide with Paris Photo, which I have a heard a lot about and am looking forward to experiencing it for myself. And I have also been invited to do a 2 week residency under the curation of Stephen McGlynn, at The Guest House in Shandon, early in September, when I plan to have a large format festival for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment