Thursday, October 4, 2012

Show - Work in Progress #2

 This is the second post in a series on the process of creating a site responsive exhibition Show at the Copley Street School of Architecture for There, There, a photographic event curated by Stag & Deer in Cork later in October. You can see the first post in the series here.

Sketchbook Page showing Work in Progress, ©Roseanne Lynch 2012

Having taken a series of images and printing them 20”x24” I put them back into the space to see how I felt about them. It was immediately obvious that 20”x24” prints, the largest prints I can easily make in the darkroom, looked like postage stamps when I put them on the 6m wall where they will be shown. I also found the variation in composition between the images was a distraction, and the reflections of the glossy prints was another thing I was not happy about. So, the solution was to re shoot, keeping the rhythm of the pillars the same, and so refining the content to the creeping of the light over the wooden wall and the subtle environmental differences. Scale and effect of the prints in the space is my other concern. More larger scale test prints using various papers to follow……..

Show will open Saturday 20th October at 3pm in the ground floor of the School of Architecture on Copley Street, Cork.

2 comments: