Thursday, April 19, 2012

Visit to ArtEZ Institute of the Arts Enschede

Poster in the Entrance Hall of the ArtEZ Institute of the Arts Enschede

I was in Enschede, The Netherlands earlier this month for my exhibition opening, and also at ArtEZ Institute of the Arts, (Aki/ ArtEZ) to give a lecture about my work, specifically on the development of a body of work and the refining of thought through a reflective practice. Following the lecture I met with students and gave tutorials.

I first visited the college last year to co-deliver a workshop using large format film cameras in the photography department as part of their multi-institutional Memento project. It was a delight to to meet staff I had met previously and to discuss the possibility of further staff exchanges between AKI & CIT/Crawford College of Art & Design in the future. My involvement is with the print, ceramics and photography departments there, and they are innovative and enthusiastic to share their time with us in CIT/ Crawford and we talked of some interesting projects we would like to develop together.

Thanks again to the Dean & Staff of ArtEZ Academy of the Arts (AKI) for the invitation to come to Enschede, and to Erasmus and Culture Ireland for helping to fund the visit. It was a very successful & interesting trip both as an artist and educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment